im just a girl with a dream. to get everyone to refuse to address richard dawkins as anything other than dick dorkins
nothing pisses me off more than the fact that 90% of women’s jeans have non-functioning pockets but baby clothes have proper pockets? what are babies carrying around that i’m not? baby wallets? fuck off
- Men's Rights Activists: THIS IS NOT FAIR. MEN HAVE PROBLEMS TOO.
- Black Men: We're constantly demonized by mainstream media and are targets of police brutality.
- Gay Men: We face discrimination and hatred and are denied marriage and job security.
- Trans Men: We are outcasts and are denied medical care, our lives are constantly under threat and our gender is always under scrutiny and policed by others.
- Men's Rights Activist: ....
- Men's Right Activist: Y-Yeah, but... a Feminist was mean to me...
Kendra Wells. (via mysharona1987)
In which we all ignore that even the language used to describe these men voicing interest in a woman is laden with violence.(via articulatebitches)
“Stop sending expired food”….”fried chicken 64.99”
IQALUIT, Nunavut — A head of cabbage for $20. Fifteen bucks for a small bag of apples.
A case of ginger ale: $82.
Fed up and frustrated by sky-high food prices and concerned over widespread hunger in their communities, thousands of Inuit have spent weeks posting pictures and price tags from their local grocery stores to a Facebook site called Feed My Family.
WHAT IN THE FUCK? This shit is not okay.
ughhslfkajsdlf gross gross gross
Reblogging for the extra articles.
Also… I might show up to this protest and support them.
Pay attention to this stuff, please, followers who haven’t heard about this! This kind of thing is completely erased in news media.
This is really fucking important.
This is why I don’t respect anyone who blindly supports the anti-sealing protestors. Because for a lot of people, it’s the only affordable option.
It’s not just Iqaluit. In Nain, Labrador this problem has been going on for ages and nobody does anything about it. $47 for a ham and $17 for a block of cheese. In Rigolet, Labrador, a loaf of bread costs $7. Here’s another picture of an Iqaluit food price changing before your very eyes.
The NNCP is starving people, reducing their food choices, and keeping people on EI poor. This is so, so wrong.
How can we help? I joined the group and checked out the website, but I didn’t see anything that can be actively done (other than raising awareness, which, of course, is great).
Excellent question! If you read through the group (which is here, for anyone who missed it), there are people talking about some ways to help.
- Look at the latest news on the Feeding My Family website to see what the priorities are and how you might be able to help.
- If you’re Canadian, call your local MP and ask to discuss this issue and express your concern.
- Look up ways to support putting pressure onto airlines to charge fair rates (a $1000 plane ticket should be from one coast to the other, not a few hundred miles).
- Research and learn what you can about food sustainability. For a start, how about learning square foot/metre (French intensive) gardening or container gardening and starting to practice it yourself? Share these techniques with friends and family. Get good at it so you can teach them to others who have poor food security in your own area.
- For the love of God, stop signing “anti-sealing”/”anti-hunting” petitions and supporting Greenpeace’s actions without understanding the complicated, nuanced situation in the North.
- Watch the FB group, because people there mention direct donations and ways to help the organizations actually on the ground there.
- For example, one person is starting up a donation project/fundraiser.
- Look at what organizations like FoodShare are doing and support them.
There is so much to be done. Sharing news articles and stories, lists of resources, donation and fundraising pages, and knowledge about food security is critical, but there’s a lot more work of all sorts.
i’m not one of those people that will preach unconditional sex positivity
because some people’s “kinks” are having sex with children
and rubbing their genitals on random people on the train
miss me with the lectures about “kink shaming”
because there is a line
and way too many people cross it
That’s the number of arrest warrants issued in Ferguson last year for nonviolent crimes. Compare that to the population of 21,135 people.
"White citizens were stopped less than 13% of the time despite making up 29% of the population"
At some point I’ll stop talking about Ferguson. Today is not that day.